Meet Bertena – The Vampire Professor, Author, Film Consultant, and Professional Speaker
Book her for Zoom and Live Events by contacting her at email@example.com
Bertena Varney is a former Associate Professor of Sociology.
She has undergraduate and graduate degrees from Morehead State University in sociology, criminology, history, and education. She spent these educational years studying, vampires, the paranormal and the occult.
She provides invigorating and interactive discussions on various topics in pop culture and education ranging from:
– Vampires including cultural, folklore, and modern social views of vampires.
– Harry Potter and Social Activism in and out of the classroom.
– Charmed, Buffy, Supernatural and other supernatural television shows to discuss feminism, family, and magic.
– How to Integrate Pop Culture into Your Curriculum
– Integrating Pop Culture into Your Curriculum- Folklore, Religion, and the Supernatural
– History and the Cultural Impact of Comic Books and superheroes
– Various supernatural, metaphysical, and paranormal topics.
She has spoken at multiple college, educational conference, and fandom conventions on the above topics.
She has been a guest speaker for multiple conventions including:
– Pop Culture Association National Conference in Washington DC
– Pop Culture Association Regional Conference in New Orleans
– Inner Light Festival in Lexington
– Festival of Healing in Elizabethtown and Louisville
– ScareFest in Lexington, KY- Fandom Fest in Louisville, KY
– Conjuration- A Harry Potter Convention in Atlanta, GA
– Sirens Fantasy Writers in Vail, Co
– The Witching Hour in Salem, MA
– The Kentucky Association of Women in Community College
– Changing Cultures Conference, Bluegrass Community and Technical College, Lexington
– Fall and Spring Enhancements at Southcentral KY Community and Technical College
She is currently accepting bookings for libraries, colleges, conventions, conference, or anyone else interested in having her speak or do workshops.
She also provides workshops on things ranging from meditation, divination, Reiki, and more. See the list here.
You may email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to book her.
Follow her Book Blog here.