Meet Bertena – Sociologist, Educator, Author, Professional Speaker, Spiritual Coach, and Paranormal Investigator
Book her for Zoom and Live Events by contacting her at email@example.com
Bertena Varney is a former Associate Professor of Sociology. She loves to learn and share her knowledge with everyone around her.
She has an eclectic background that when they come together bring the academic and the spiritual together as you can see below in her various educational and training history.
Secular Education Morehead State University
She has spent most of her life studying things that she loves. She has undergraduate and graduate degrees from Morehead State University in sociology, criminology, history, and education. She spent these educational years studying ancient civilizations, vampires, the paranormal, religion, and the occult.
Non Secular Education Wisdom of the Heart Church
She has attended the University of Metaphysical Sciences in California and Minnesota. The Wisdom of the Heart Church has created a very extensive curriculum in Divinity Studies. I have completed the Bachelor and Master of Divinity Studies and is Ordained by the Wisdom of the Hearth Church. She is completing her Philosopher of Parapsychology and Paranormal Sciences, Ph.D. within the next year. Her thesis and work has been on angels and spiritual guides as well as spiritual coaching. She offers house cleansing, paranormal investigations of homes, handfasting and marriage ceremonies, energy work, and spiritual guidance.
Self Care and Yoga Teacher Training
She is a 500 hour Yoga Teacher through White Crow Yoga in Nashville, Tenn. She teaches Chair, Beginner, and Restorative Yoga as well as Meditation and Yogic Spiritual Classes. She is also a Self Care Coach and Holistic Health and Wellness Coach and Holistic Weight Loss Coach through Natura Holistic Life Centre. she works through A New You Self Care Center and helps people unite their mind, body, and soul. She will provide workshops on yoga, meditation, self care, spiritual yoga studies, and wellness coaching.
She provides invigorating and interactive discussions on various topics in pop culture and education ranging from:
– Stories of Legends, Myths, and Folklore.
– Fairy Tales and Their Origin Stories.
– Spiritual Beings and How We Came to Know Them.
– Cultural, folklore, and modern social views of vampires.
– Harry Potter and Social Activism in and out of the classroom.
– Charmed, Buffy, Supernatural and other supernatural television shows to discuss feminism, family, and magic.
– How to Integrate Pop Culture into Your Curriculum.
– Integrating Pop Culture into Your Curriculum- Folklore, Religion, and the Supernatural.
– History and the Cultural Impact of Comic Books and Superheroes.
– Various supernatural, metaphysical, and paranormal topics.
She has spoken on the above topics at multiple fandom and spiritual conventions including:
– Galactic Expo in Nashville, Tenn.
– Inner Light Festival in Lexington, KY.
– Festival of Healing in Elizabethtown and Louisville, KY.
– ScareFest in Lexington, KY.
– Fandom Fest in Louisville, KY.
– Conjuration- A Harry Potter Convention in Atlanta, GA.
– Sirens Fantasy Writers in Vail, Co.
– The Witching Hour in Salem, MA.
She has been a guest speaker on these topics for multiple academic conventions including:
– Pop Culture Association National Conference in Washington DC.
– Pop Culture Association Regional Conference in New Orleans, LA.
– NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence in Austin, TX.
– The Kentucky Association of Women in Community College Berea College in Berea, KY.
– Changing Cultures Conference, Bluegrass Community and Technical College in Lexington, KY.
– Fall and Spring Enhancements at Southcentral KY Community and Technical College in Bowling Green, KY.
Here is a more extensive list of her library, conference, and convention speaking engagements.
She is currently consulting on several films dealing with vampires.
She is currently accepting bookings for libraries, colleges, conventions, conference, or anyone else interested in having her speak or to lead workshops.
You may email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to book her or call her at 859-437-0082
She also has a great Book Blog that promotes new books here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.